4.11.2005

My picks for the week



Gone this week:
Ciara Featuring Missy Elliot - 1,2 Step
Chemical Brothers Featuring Q-Tip - Galvanize
David Morales Featuring Tamra Keenan - Here I Am
The Cut Up Boys - Give It Rapture

New Entries:
There are four new entries this week. The highest entry of this week is DJ 7Up’s Mashup “Dance & Sing” by Madonna vs. Stardust. This combines Stardust's Ibiza anthem from 1998 with Madonna's first club hit. The result is a fun little track filled with nostalgia. Rosko's "Love Is A Drug" has slowly made its debut on the chart. This was recently number one on the Billboard Dance/Club Play chart several weeks ago. And finally Rob Thomas makes his way on to my chart. I had heard the song only twice in it's original mix prior to hearing the remix by Junior Vasquez. I have been loving this remix. There are more on the way, so I may change my ranking of the song. And coming in at 21 is Armand Van Helden's latest track "Into Your Eyes." This is is the 1st new single off of the forthcoming Nympho which may release in June. "Hear My Name" and "My My My" were the previous two singles from the New York Mix Odyssey CD and are also on the new project. This one will rise quickly on my chart.

Comments:
Mariah Carey’s “It’s Like That” continues its reign atop the chart for a fourth consecutive week. Mariah Carey’s “We Belong Together” has jumped up from 19 all the way to 9. With the remixes just waiting in the wings, this looks like it could be number one really soon. Since I began my chart 4 weeks ago, Mariah has been at the top every single time. And Jenn Cuneta’s “Come Rain, Come Shine” makes a strong jump to number three after being on the chart for just 2 weeks. This could possibly be number one soon.