5.19.2005

Kylie Minogue Diagnosed With Breast Cancer

Kylie Minogue has thanked her fans for their support following the revelation she is suffering from breast cancer. The singer has been forced to cancel a number of Australian and Asian gigs on her Showgirls world tour so she can be treated for the disease. But devotees have rallied round, thousands sending messages of support for the singer and hundreds donating money refunded for cancelled concert tickets to breast cancer charities. And Minogue is deeply touched. She says, "My heartfelt thanks to the incredible number of people who have sent messages of love and support over the last two days. "I want to reassure you that I am being well taken care of. "Olivier (Martinez - her French actor boyfriend) is by my side and I have a lot of family and friends around me. "I would also like to extend my best wishes to all of the other women around Australia and around the world who are dealing with the same illness".

from ContactMusic.com


Madonna issues a statement on Kylie:
I was saddened to learn about Kylie Minogue's breast cancer diagnosis. I'm so grateful that they found it early. (Yet another reminder for all women to have annual mammograms.) Aside from being tremendously talented, Kylie's a fighter and I know this is a battle she will win. Let's all pray for her speedy recovery and send all of our best wishes her way. With love and light to you Kylie...Madonna

Please show your support for Kylie during this difficult time by displaying this image at your websites, email signatures, forums, etc. Just please upload the photo to your own photo hosting site.